3.07.2010

Transition Time

Since I've only been officially birding since early last summer I have yet to experience the full glory of SPRING.   Since the weather has started to warm up a bit I'm noticing new birds  appearing (or returning) daily.  I wish I could take a 2-3 month break from work so I can fully appreciate all the changes that are going to start happening.

Although I am eagerly awaiting spring, I'm sad to see the winter birds go.  I haven't enjoyed winter so much since I was a kid. I'm trying to sneak a few more glimpses of the winter birds left while I seek out the new spring arrivals.  It's quite an interesting transition time. I love it.  You never know what you'll see when you head out for the day.

1 comment:

  1. The Spring migration is so much fun. Plus there is the challenge that the birds you identified last fall - during migration - now have different plumage. (We started birding last Spring and are anxiously awaiting the return of the warblers ;)

    ReplyDelete