9.21.2009

Grandma's Recipe Box


I've recently discovered my grandma's old recipe box. I acquired it when she passed away several years ago, but I never had the opportunity to really look through it and investigate the hundreds of recipe cards stuffed into the tiny metal box. Now that I've found it again, I can not wait to start trying out some of the recipes! Sadly, I did not find Granny's pumpkin pie recipe, which was my absolute favorite. She used to make it for me when my family visited when I was little. (I know it probably wasn't just for me, but in my 6 year old mind Granny had made it for me because she knew it was my favorite.)

However, I did find some gems that I remember eating at Granny's dinner table....Raw Apple Cake...Glazed Peach Pie...Gooseberry Pie. I even found some notes about how to make cleaning solutions. My favorite part of flipping through the recipe cards was seeing Granny's handwriting covering the front and back of nearly each card. It was like getting a quick glimpse of her with each new recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure you can find a good one and pretent it is the missing recipe. Maybe someone in the family has it and you could use their copy.

    Thanks for helping me to make history.
    Pick a Peck of Pixels

    ReplyDelete